Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Well, The cover came off today.....

1. Back To Top    #1

Well, The cover came off today.....

And after finding this TFP forum just last spring, did alot of reading (and posting a bit) Got the right test kit (TF-100, w/speedster ) and listened and followed the direction of all the moderators and many other smart folks. I have to say my pool is just as sparkling as it was all last summer and when I closed it (except for a few worms and dead bugs here and there)

I started up my new pump, circulated it for a couple hours, pulled out my trusty TF-100 kit and ran a full set of tests and they turned out pretty darn good I could actually swim in it right away if it wasn't a bit on the chilly side....

pH - 7.2
    FC - 8.5
    CC - 00000
    TA - 65
    CH - 180
    CYA - 45-50 me , second look from my better half 45-50

Just wanna say THANKS to ALL on this site for opening my eyes and showing me the way to an enjoyable TFP without having to run to the pool store with my wallet ever again...except for a liner repair kit today and a filter drain plug that I accidently through out when I left it in my old pump basket that got tossed in the garbage a few months ago....

24,000 Gallon Vinyl Grecian IG,Triton2 Sand Filter / Pentair Super Flo 1 HP Dual Speed Pump ,
    Stenner Peristaltic Pump Injection w/15 gal drum,Stubbed up supply/return for future solar panels :)
    TF100 Rocks !! Pool School....

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Well, The cover came off today.....

Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Your pool looks great roadking
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    Your pool looks great roadking
    Thanks Linen, all is going well so far, except for my liner limping along hopefully for the season ...Had to do a major 8" and 6" patch today in the corner where the sun has been the hottest over the years of the prior owners and the liner is faded and deteriorating by the day I'm in the process of doing my research to have a Latham liner installed with the tru-tile set up on the top area at the waterline and above....

But at least my water looks GREAT , so all will hopefully be well for this season and the patch will hold up....
    24,000 Gallon Vinyl Grecian IG,Triton2 Sand Filter / Pentair Super Flo 1 HP Dual Speed Pump ,
    Stenner Peristaltic Pump Injection w/15 gal drum,Stubbed up supply/return for future solar panels :)
    TF100 Rocks !! Pool School....

5. Back To Top    #5

awesome...
    10,400k, AG 21 round, 1.0HP Waterway pump cartridge filter. TF-100

6. Back To Top    #6

Great job!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.