Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mosquito misting system

1. Back To Top    #1

Mosquito misting system

Hi all
    I'm looking for current mosquito misting system reviews. I live in Connecticut and found an installer here who does them for $1000.00. Plus monthy maintence of $60.00. Do you think it will work? Anyone try it yet?

Thanks

Sandy
    24,000 20x42 double roman end in ground pool being built. Start date june13, 2012.
    Finished July 4th, 2012, sports pool, vinyl,SWG, DE filter, fountains. Heat pump,
    First Pool Ever!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Mosquito misting system

I know a few people who have them and report excellent results.

3. Back To Top    #3

Are you talking about misting chemicals to kill mosquitoes? Yuck! Certainly it must be something else.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yup that's what I want. My daughter is very allergic to them and has to have shots if she has more than three at a time. So sprays are organic and some not. I hope it works. Looking for feedback
    24,000 20x42 double roman end in ground pool being built. Start date june13, 2012.
    Finished July 4th, 2012, sports pool, vinyl,SWG, DE filter, fountains. Heat pump,
    First Pool Ever!

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

I have a client with one in the Mississippi Delta. Clarksdale to be exact. He says that he can definitely tell a difference. From the conversations we have had about it (it is right next to his pump and filter), that is a really good deal on the initial install. The monthly charge, I know nothing about.
    Science and Math Teacher
    Owner - SPS - part time pool biz
    18x36 IG Vinyl, 23000 Gallons with Jacuzzi (the bane of my existance) pumpworks
    Polaris 280 w/ PB4 booster

6. Back To Top    #6

We have one which came with the house when we moved in 3 years ago. I'm in Houston, TX. They can be finicky at times and require some maintenance, but seem to work well when they are up and running. Ours came with a remote so we can activate the misting system at times other than the programmed ones. We don't have a monthly fee, but once a year or so, the chemical has to be refilled. I have a package deal for pest control in the house which includes quarterly testing etc of the misting system.

7. Back To Top    #7

check out www.bugsbite.com and see if they have a provider in your area. This is a company that has someone come out and spray a safe, organic compound on your property once every 3 weeks, approximately $50-75 each visit during the time frame that mosquitos are active