Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recommendations for a PB in Monmouth or Ocean County NJ

1. Back To Top    #1

Recommendations for a PB in Monmouth or Ocean County NJ

Hi Everyone,
    I am in Monmouth County NJ and am trying to find a good PB to replace my old inground pool. Anyone out there have some good recommendations. I am looking at going with a 16 x 32 to 18 x 36 vinyl liner. I'm looking at construction during spring of next year so I have some time for the leg work of planning, permits etc. This is a tough time of year to have someone come out and look at my existing pool and talk about new one. Everyone is very busy!!!! Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    Bob
    IG 16'x32' 20,000 gal vinyl, Williams 1 HP pump, Hayward 325sq.ft cartridge filter, Blue Pearl Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Recommendations for a PB in Monmouth or Ocean County NJ

I live at the Jersey Shore and we had our pool put in by John Bedell of Bedell Pools. He did a very nice job and was reasonable.
    He and we are in Oceanport.

What we did was to have the pool put in after Labor Day and things had calmed down. They put it in and then once it was completed, they opened it we swam for two days over Columbus weekend and then they closed it. When the spring came we were all ready to go.

John was here last Saturday to open the pool and he said they are all very busy redoing pools damaged from the storm but since you have time, things should calm down soon.
    Built in October 2011, 16 x 26 x 20 L shaped vinyl IG steel wall pool, Hayward DE pro grid verticle filter 4800 pool, Hayward two speed superpump, 120,000 BTU Pentair Ultra Temp Heat Pump, Aqua Rite Salt system, 8' wide walk out steps, 2 skimmers, 4 returns, 2 main drains, 500 watt underwater light, intermatic mechanical timer

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Recommendations for a PB in Monmouth or Ocean County NJ

Hi IKae4, thanks for the quick reply. I am in Wall Township. Yes pool industry is in passing gear right now because of the time of year and storm damage repair. Was Bedell the only builder you considered? I have talked to a salesman at Pool town in Howell. They seem knowledgeable but they did not give me a lot of info as far as how they would prep the area where the new pool would go in conjunction with the existing deep end hole. I want to do a pond or lagoon shape. What I have is a 16 x32 rectangle. The way I want to situate the new pool would be to have a wall traverse across what is now the deep end. Not sure what must be done to prep for that since I'm no longer dealing with virgin soil which I understand is what the builders want to put the footing on. Bottom line is I just don't want to make a mistake and have the pool installed incorrectly because someone wants to make a sale. Hope to here back from you soon.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    IG 16'x32' 20,000 gal vinyl, Williams 1 HP pump, Hayward 325sq.ft cartridge filter, Blue Pearl Cleaner