Plumbing for Deck Jets

ssgumby

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 17, 2012
Maryland
Im going to have 4 deck jets, 2 on each long side of the pool.

The install instructions say to "create an equal pressure loop". Im not quite sure what that is.

Would it work if I ran from the pad a 2" pipe down one side, a T dropping it down to 3/4" and up to deck level, continue on around the entire pool perimeter doing this and at the last jet run it past the T for about a foot and cap it.

Would it be better to have 2 2" feeders coming from the pad, one down each side?

Just to make sure im clear.

Basic drawing. From the left coming out of a valve, hit a T and take pipes in both directions, stubbing up jets and looping all the way around.

Im just trying to think this through, but wouldnt this be trying to force water BACK into the output side?

continousloop.gif

When I did our pool plumbing last year we used 4 deck jets in a loop like described. I just use the jandy valves to control them. To me either you want them on or not but I could see if everyone was in the shallows but you still wanted the deep end ones on where it would be helpful. We love ours. It makes such a relaxing sound. I used 2" pipe and Rees it off with 3/4 just because I ran 2" everywhere else and what I had. With 4 you could go with 1" I believe if I remember the instructions that came with it correctly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.