Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plumbing for Deck Jets

1. Back To Top    #1

Plumbing for Deck Jets

Im going to have 4 deck jets, 2 on each long side of the pool.

The install instructions say to "create an equal pressure loop". Im not quite sure what that is.

Would it work if I ran from the pad a 2" pipe down one side, a T dropping it down to 3/4" and up to deck level, continue on around the entire pool perimeter doing this and at the last jet run it past the T for about a foot and cap it.

Would it be better to have 2 2" feeders coming from the pad, one down each side?
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Plumbing for Deck Jets

An equal pressure loop means that you completely loop the pipe back around and connect it back where it started. If you don't do that, your jets won't all have the same pressure. 1 2" feeder will be plenty.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Just to make sure im clear.

Basic drawing. From the left coming out of a valve, hit a T and take pipes in both directions, stubbing up jets and looping all the way around.

Im just trying to think this through, but wouldnt this be trying to force water BACK into the output side?

DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

4. Back To Top    #4

That's the right idea. What it does is equalize the pressure at the four jets. If you run them all in a line, the first jet will shoot much further than the last.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

5. Back To Top    #5

I have four deck jets - each is plumbed separately to the pad. It's nice to be able to control them individually.
    34K gal IG, 37'x40' lagoon, vinyl, Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump, 500# Hayward sand filter, Jandy SWG, Raypac heat pump, 4 deck jets, Hayward Super Pump + deck fountain, Dolphin Oasis Z5

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_k
    I have four deck jets - each is plumbed separately to the pad. It's nice to be able to control them individually.
    So you have a ball valve on each line then? I kind of like that idea.

7. Back To Top    #7

When I did our pool plumbing last year we used 4 deck jets in a loop like described. I just use the jandy valves to control them. To me either you want them on or not but I could see if everyone was in the shallows but you still wanted the deep end ones on where it would be helpful. We love ours. It makes such a relaxing sound. I used 2" pipe and Rees it off with 3/4 just because I ran 2" everywhere else and what I had. With 4 you could go with 1" I believe if I remember the instructions that came with it correctly.
    18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by ssgumby
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_k
    So you have a ball valve on each line then? I kind of like that idea.
    Yeah - here's what it looks like at the pad:
    34K gal IG, 37'x40' lagoon, vinyl, Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump, 500# Hayward sand filter, Jandy SWG, Raypac heat pump, 4 deck jets, Hayward Super Pump + deck fountain, Dolphin Oasis Z5