Totally Lost

May 15, 2013
I am 1st time pool owner of intex ultra frame 16x48 in. pool and I have no idea where to start when it comes to the chemicals needed to start-up my pool. The pool is 5,061 gal. Please help with ALL info needed to get started as well as to keep it managed over the summer. If this helps I live in NC. All info is appreciated!! Thanks.

First and foremost, you need to be able to test your water so you can monitor its condition and figure out what to add. We prefer the drop-based test kits for accuracy, though they cost a little more than others.

Because your pool is probably equipped with a filter and pump that doesn't have a lot of extra capacity, it's important that you keep up with the water and that means daily testing. I also recommend avoiding any powdered pool chemicals because they tend to settle on the bottom and produce cloudiness that can take days to clear.

Check out Pool School and feel free to fire away with questions.

Pool school has all the info you'll ever need, link is in upper right corner. It's up to you to sit and read thru it a few times, the BBB approach is not hard but it takes a small investment of time to learn it. By the end of 1 summer you can easily be a pro.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.