I had algae and high CYA and drained the pool about 80%. I have since refilled and begun the shock process on Sunday. FC went to 18 and came down to 10 in the morning. I added more bleach and the FC level went to 20.5 and went down to 15 in the morning. I added another gallon of bleach and will check later in the day. CC is about .5. Liquid turned a pinkish hew but not all the water pink.
We have a very large oak tree above the pool and it constantly drops things in it (leaves, pollen pods, bugs, etc.). Also, it had rained last night which I assume will skew the test results. Birds are also fairly regularly seen standing on the waterfall and unfortunately, pooping on the coping.
My question is whether I will ever be able to get a 1 ppm or less loss of FC overnight with the organic materials falling in the pool? The water is clear and I don't see any more algae anything. Should I continue the process and is there a time to finally say I'm done?