Straightness of Walls

ssgumby

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 17, 2012
Maryland
Quick question. We poured our collar yesterday, in the process a wall moved midway down the long wall. Seems like the concrete pulled it back. When we pulled a string line, it was back at the top and bottom about a 1/4 or so". My concrete guy (family) said he has seen this before and its not a big deal. We are doing cantilever pavers for coping, so he said it will not be noticeable.

Are there any structural concerns?

The red arrow shows the little hiccup

wallwithbump.gif

My completely uninformed opinion is that it'll be fine, if it was my build I don't think I'd stress about it.
The base is braced and secured with concrete and will then be back filled. I can't see 1/4" being a concern.

Just my 2 cents.

Try to adjust your locking nuts on the threaded rod to straighten it up some if you think you need to. When you are putting your coping stone on run it straight and you will probably never remember it has a wave.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.