iAqualink aux 4 thru 7 lights showing "on" on the in house panel

I am having an issue with the aux 4 thru 7 lights showing "on" on the in house RS panel and on the website interface, phones, etc. Something in triggers the lights to come on (equipment doesn't come on), just the lights. They can not be turned off without a reset or power off the board. Tried resetting the program by clearing all...Any ideas on what to try would be appreciated. of the 4 aux switches, only 4 is actually used for the spa blower. 5, 6, 7 are not used. No timers set for these. Zodiac no support says they won't help me because I'm a home owner? I should have asked her if she owned a home! :) BTW, the person "indicated" it was a known issue and the professional pool installer would need to install a "part" (mystery).

Re: iAqualink and RS12?

See I had the exact opposite of you. She helped me three days straight. She even controlled my system while I used a multimeter to measure voltages. There might be a local zodiac support inn you local area. When I went to find a dealer I did a 25 mile search. I had a zodiac support person less than a mile from my house. I talked to him on the phone as well. He is the one that figured out I had a pool/spa combo board and not a pool only board. Even when I had the pda system they helped me. Now on the flip side they know I work on electronics in the Coast Guard so that may play a factor in them helping me. It shouldn't be that way.

As for aux 5-7 you have assigned any jva or custom label to them?

Is this a new install or have you had the iaqualink system for a while?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

jkurl, didn't see a reply to my message (i must have the setting wrong). I do have local pool companies around me, but don't want to add to the cost for a visit. I do all my own electrical work, not trained professionally, but I have wired houses (my houses), cat 5, low voltage, etc. I do have professional computer training and networking skills.. So I understand why Zodiac gets frustrated with some home owners..It a pretty straight forward system, but documentation is really lacking. Everything is working fine except the light stay on.

Interesting fact I learned is when I go to the control center and change to Service mode and then back to normal mode...the Aux4 blower actually comes on and I can turn it off by pressing the button on the RS8 or other wireless device...but the light stays on with the other three lights (5,6,7)...It has to be a simple fix, setting, etc. Just not sure were the signal would be coming from..maybe from one of the accessories programs for a piece of hardware I don't have installed? The lights seem to come on in the middle of the night.
My system is a new install, I custom labeled the Aux 4 to "Blower for the Spa" 5, 6, 7, are not used.

I'm installing the Zodiac Ei Salt system this weekend...

Heinsite said:
jkurl, didn't see a reply to my message (i must have the setting wrong). I do have local pool companies around me, but don't want to add to the cost for a visit. I do all my own electrical work, not trained professionally, but I have wired houses (my houses), cat 5, low voltage, etc. I do have professional computer training and networking skills.. So I understand why Zodiac gets frustrated with some home owners..It a pretty straight forward system, but documentation is really lacking. Everything is working fine except the light stay on.

Interesting fact I learned is when I go to the control center and change to Service mode and then back to normal mode...the Aux4 blower actually comes on and I can turn it off by pressing the button on the RS8 or other wireless device...but the light stays on with the other three lights (5,6,7)...It has to be a simple fix, setting, etc. Just not sure were the signal would be coming from..maybe from one of the accessories programs for a piece of hardware I don't have installed? The lights seem to come on in the middle of the night.
My system is a new install, I custom labeled the Aux 4 to "Blower for the Spa" 5, 6, 7, are not used.

I'm installing the Zodiac Ei Salt system this weekend...

Try checking the dimmer settings or the freeze protect setting maybe aux 5-7 got selected for some reason o check the label aux settings again. If you have the one touch setup check those and if you have your equipment scheduled to turn off and on check those as well. I had one light come on the first time I installed my iaqualink and did a simple main breaker reset and it went away. There has to be a setting on some where or you just have a bad board.

Is there anything hooked into the aux ports on the board by chance?

The zodiac pool support in my town is not a pool store this person works directly for zodiac so if you have one close you maybe able to call them and run your issue by them to see what they might recommend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Re: iAqualink and RS8 aux lights come on automaticaly

I finally got a response from support by email and they suggested that I add a 1 OHM resister between the 1 and 2 connector on the red connection bar behind the RS8 panel in my house. I did and still had two of the 4 lights coming on. I have since twisted two 1 OHM resisters together (series right?) to create a 2 OHM resistance and things are working fine, no side effect as of yet. $2.35 at radio shack and fun easy project.
Thanks for all the help and maybe this will help other diy'ers out there

Aquapure Ei Salt Water and Iaqualink and RS8 panel in house

my new problem is with the aquapure Ei and RS8. I have the plug in model Ei salt generator which you are supposed to be able to wire into the Iaqualink board. After doing this, all the lights on my RS8 in the house light up as being on. Anybody know if the Ei and RS8 are compatible...fyi, I use the RS8 just to turn stuff on and off because its next to the door, but most of the time I use my phone, IPad or computer. I can't get enough of logging into the iaqualink system see whats going on with my pool which is usually nothing!....Now I want a camera so I can see the pool and actions...It would really cool if Zodiac would add a camera to the interface software when away from home, which shouldn't be hard to incorporate (separate post:))

Re: iAqualink aux 4 thru 7 lights showing "on" on the in hou

I'm not an electrician, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn once :-D so try at your own risk...is low voltage and was recommended by support team I contacted. They suggested 1ohm, but 2 lights still came on.
Bought a 5 pack of 1ohm resisters for $2.45 at Radio Shack.
Hard to see, but loosen the screws on terminal 1 and 2 red wiring block in left corner....suggest one at a time, slide the resister in, tighten..try 1 ohm first. The resister is the looping wire below the red block, flexible...make sure it is not resting on other components on the board..

How many of you with iAquaLinks with this problem also have a spa-side controller? I was told by Zodiac rep that the spa-side controller confuses the new system and is the source of these issues. Disable the spa-side and you stop having trouble. That being said, I haven't disabled mine. Whenever the additional aux indicators light up it just indicates that it's time to power-cycle the system.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I had the same problem; Aux 4-7 lights showing "on". For me this happened randomly. iAqualink had been in installed 6 months prior, and until recently, I had no issues. My iPhone app & RS6 both showed Auz 4-7 on, even though Aux 5 (my "Pool Light") wasn't actually on. Tried turning off via the app and at the RS6 controller. It would click off, but then click right back on. Nothing would override it. Finally I flipped the breaker to the RS6 controller and the problem was solved. Hopefully the issue doesn't reoccur, otherwise I guess I will try the 1 ohm resistor...

slothneck said:
I had the same problem; Aux 4-7 lights showing "on". For me this happened randomly. iAqualink had been in installed 6 months prior, and until recently, I had no issues. My iPhone app & RS6 both showed Auz 4-7 on, even though Aux 5 (my "Pool Light") wasn't actually on. Tried turning off via the app and at the RS6 controller. It would click off, but then click right back on. Nothing would override it. Finally I flipped the breaker to the RS6 controller and the problem was solved. Hopefully the issue doesn't reoccur, otherwise I guess I will try the 1 ohm resistor...
Do you have a spa-side controller?

jragan said:
slothneck said:
Do you have a spa-side controller?

No, My RS6 controls my pool, spa and solar...and so does my iAqualink.

I fixed this problem with the help of Jandy and without buying any parts.

The problem I had was with conflicting priorities of the controllers - the iaqualink and my RS8. The RS8 was set to a higher priority to the iaqualink. This was causing a conflict on the RS-485 bus.

So what you need to do is this:

1) first, verify you have a conflict by going to the Help menu on the iaqualink interface. If you click on "Next" a few times you will get to the RS-485 status screen.
2) make sure that your RS8 is set at a higher number than the iaqualink (higher number = lower priority). In my case the RS8 was set to 1 and the iaqualink to 4.
3) if your priorities need to be changed, there is a double jumper inside the iaqualink antenna and the RS8 that need to be changed. Turn off the control panel. Set the iaqualink jumper to ALL OFF (priority 1). Set the RS8 jumper to ALL ON (priority 4).
4) turn control panel back on and verify that the RS485 priorities are correct.

Since I made this change, I haven't had the phantom lights on the RS8 or lockups on the system.

Now if Zodiac is telling you to add components you might have a different problem than I had, but hopefully this might help someone else!

Amasih,
Your solution absolutely worked...no more phantom lights...easy to do, just wonder why its not part of the setup instructions...Thanks for taking the time to post the solution....I prioritized and took out the resisters I had put in previously.

Just to add extra confirmation, my iAquaLink is also set to a lower priority than the wall control panel. I'll be adjusting mine and reporting back.
[attachment=0:1fszb7m1]image.jpg[/attachment:1fszb7m1]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 116

So re-ordering the RS-485 devices so that the iAquaLink is a lower number (and therefore higher priority) than any other control panels did not fix the problem for me.

I made the change from my previous post to this about 3 weeks ago:
[attachment=0:eek:5848y42]image.jpg[/attachment:eek:5848y42]

However this afternoon my panel lit up like a Christmas tree again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 99

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.