Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pro Teams Metal Magic or the Pink Stuff

1. Back To Top    #1

Pro Teams Metal Magic or the Pink Stuff

Each year I seem to have a metals issue in the water. Because I have to shock my pool when I open it, I was planning to start it up a few days before pulling the cover and putting Pro Teams Metal Magic (which I used last year) under the cover so I can shock it when I do pull the cover. The problem is that the directions for the Metal Magic says to use with pool water over 60 degrees and my water will be about 53-55 under the cover. Any suggestions?
    Southern NJ, 1 HP Haward Pump, 16x 32 dimensions, 21,000 gallon vinyl liner inground pool, TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pro Teams Metal Magic or the Pink Stuff

Sort of changing the subject just a bit, but do you know the source of the metal? Are you filling from a well?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pro Teams Metal Magic or the Pink Stuff

No idea of source. Had Township water checked and comes up good, no heater, etc. For a couple years I was using a "store bought" chemical that had copper in it and just realized it last year so I stopped using. I guess If that was source it'll take water displacement over time to get rid of it.
    Southern NJ, 1 HP Haward Pump, 16x 32 dimensions, 21,000 gallon vinyl liner inground pool, TF-100 test kit.