AGP Intex Metal Frame Leveling Problem

May 24, 2008
jacksonville fl
I live in Florida just installed 9x18 Intex metal frame on 16 x 16 x 1.5 pavers for under braces. Filled pool with water and three of the pavers have cracked completely through an suggestions on how to remove these crushed pavers and replace without having to drain the pool, two are on one end so it has no pavers under it and one is on the corner side of that same end. Please help really dont want to water the lawn this much.

Jon

You may not have much choice other than draining the pool. Keep in mind water weighs about 8lbs per gallon
and as people use your pool they will create waves which will put additional forces on the frame so the other blocks
could crack too.
I would suggest you use a cinder block that is solid with a min. size 16"x8"x4"
Put a little sand under the block to help level out the area but the block should be sitting on solid ground

I don't understand what cracked the pavers. There shouldn't be any more weight on the pavers when the pool is full than when it is empty unless the water is being pushed back and forth. The wall of the pool doesn't hold the weight of the water.

As John T said "There shouldn't be any more weight on the pavers when the pool is full than when it is empty unless the water is being pushed back and forth" Thats what I was trying to say. I was tring to point out it the forces on the wall
there are voids under the paver allowing for a weak spot. Adding sand would fill the voided area under the paver

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.