Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hard Plumb 24' round pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Hard Plumb 24' round pool

We are wanting move our filter and pump away from the pool so that we can free up our yard. Does anyone have step by step directions on how to do this? Also we heard that you can bypass the skimmer to clean the pool has anyone done this before.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Hard Plumb 24' round pool

Welcome to tfp, tpeters

It is hard to give step by step instructions without some more detail provided by you. A picture showing your pool and where you want to put the equipment would be helpful. Also, how many skimmers and returns you have...and if you have any other pool features.

Quote Originally Posted by tpeters
    Also we heard that you can bypass the skimmer to clean the pool has anyone done this before.
    Have you used a skimmer vacuum plate? On my pool I use a separate pipe with a nipple on it that is valved.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Worcester, MA Suburb

Re: Hard Plumb 24' round pool

Hi Tanya.

I just did this with my new pool recently. My pool equipment pad is about 40 feet from the pool, and I buried all the water lines under ground about 12". I used hard PVC the whole length. In order to do this at this distance, I needed to upgrade to an in-ground pump (Hayward Superpump). The pump is working great at this distance and I like not having all the equipment out near the pool. The only difficult part was digging the trenches, and even though I rented a trench digger from Home Depot, the amount of stones and rocks in the yard made this a chore. But it was well worth it.

My New Pool

Premier (Esther Williams) 24' x 52" Round AGP (13,500 gl.), Hayward 24" Pro-Series S244T Sand Filter, 1.5 HP Hayward Super Pump, AquaRite SWG, AquaComfort ACT-1100 Heat Pump, Jandy/Zodiac iAqualink Automation System with iPhone App, Aquabot Pool Rover S2-40
    My New Pool