Proper amount of time to let gunite cure

I started hosing mine down about 3 hours after they left. Put a sprinkler on it 90 minutes on/120 minutes off several times a day for 5 days. They said the best thing to help it cure would be a slow steady rain but we don't get much of that in AZ. Made my own.

I had my gunite shot on June 18 and had the plaster applied the following April. That's an anomaly but the first month is very important that you keep it wet. You can nearly double the strength of concrete by doing so. I bought a garden soaker hose and ran it along the perimeter and kept it wet for the first month.
In my case, I didn't want to plaster and fill the pool in late August just to close it in September, so I went over the winter looking at the gunite eyesore. The time also permitted the ground to settle- in some cases over 18" inches, which would have been awful for my eventual patio.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.