Bleach Question

dschribs

Mar 14, 2013
CT
How many days per week would one need to add bleach to an in ground pool when following the BBB method...or would this answer be different for every pool and each set of circumstances?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 using Tapatalk

dschribs said:
How many days per week would one need to add bleach to an in ground pool when following the BBB method...or would this answer be different for every pool and each set of circumstances?

You'll learn your pool's personality soon enough. During swim season, most of us add every day. We might get lazy and skip testing if we've been adding the same amount every day for weeks and just add the usual.

Host a pool party and you'll be adding 3X a day!

Another good thing to do, and I do it, is to keep a log of everything you do to your pool water. I record all the test results,how much of whatever I add to the water, pool water temp, outside temp, how sunny it was, how much use the pool got that day. You'll start to see trends with your pool.

That's sort of more work than the chorine tab route isn't it? My buddy who has a really nice pool has a chorine tab in line system - not sure of the exact name - and he told me he tests his water once every few days and if the chlorine is low he just turns up the dial on this system and it simply adds more chlorine to the pool.

dschribs said:
That's sort of more work than the chorine tab route isn't it? My buddy who has a really nice pool has a chorine tab in line system - not sure of the exact name - and he told me he tests his water once every few days and if the chlorine is low he just turns up the dial on this system and it simply adds more chlorine to the pool.

It also adds more stabilizer. And it doesn't evaporate. I bet your friend also does a weekly shock. That's the pool store way. And when it all builds up so high that none of their expensive treatments will work, they advise a drain because of high Total Dissolved Solids.

I suggest you read Pool School a little. There are automated systems that can use liquid bleach as well as saltwater generators. Both of them are pretty hands-off. I'm out in the yard pretty much every day anyway so it's no big deal to grab a jug and eyeball a quart of bleach into the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.