Anyone ever have the LCD screen go out on the Intelliflo?

Jan 2, 2013
I had an Intelliflo installed just a few months ago, and the lcd screen went out, it's simply blank. The pump seems to work fine, and my settings are intact.

I have a 1 year warranty with the installer, but it's clear my "warranty" is just to dump me with Pentair.

Is this an easy fix where they can just replace the screen, or will I need a completely new pump?

BTW, if I could do it again, I would have just bought this pump from the cheapest retailer (like Amazon) and just paid a guy $80 to have installed it. Suddenly, all the talk about service and support goes out the window, which is why I paid hundreds more.

Re: Anyone ever have the LCD screen go out on the Intelliflo

JasonLion said:
Usually they replace the electronics module for that kind of issue and leave the rest of the pump/motor in place.

That's what I'm seeing when I look at replacement parts, it's around $700 for the module. I love that I had a perfectly working "old school" pump that was over 20 years old that this was replaced with. If something like this happens again outside of warranty, I think I'm going to throw the old pump back on and dump the high tech stuff.

Obviously after I get Pentair to do this warranty work, any idea if this is preventable (ie additional surge protection) I've never had a single issue with something like this, but I know when you get computers involved, it seems to fry boards easily around pool equipment.

My display went out the same way. The pump still worked, but the display was unreadable. Pentair replaced the display module as Jason noted without replacing the pump. Mine was replaced at the end of the season last year, and we are just opening now, so we will see how the long it lasts.

It is not very common to have a display go out. I have been using them since they first came out and have had to replace maybe 5%. It is a computer

A Pentair warranty repair technician came out and replaced the entire control module (but not the pump) free of charge. It took about 3 days for them to come out, but otherwise I was happy with Pentair's service.

I would just reiterate though for those in the market for something like an Intelliflo (or any pool equipment, really) make an installer honor the price you can get it online or buy it yourself and just have someone install it.

I knowingly overpaid for it with the promise the install company would be the one taking care of everything with service and support, instead they just saved me a 3 minute phone call to Pentair I could have made myself. I could have bought a brand new filter with the savings had I bought it through someplace like Amazon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.