Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Questions about BBB

1. Back To Top    #1

Questions about BBB

I am in the shock process and will continue that until things get normal. Once things get normal, I am a bit confused on how much bleach to add. Do I have to test for FC everytime in order to use the pool calculator? It seems like the powder will run out very quickly. Is the standard kit adequate to test daily and just use the powder once a week or every other week?
    15,000 gallon quartz finish, in-floor cleaning, Jandy CV580 cartridge filter, Jandy pump, Jandy heater, chlorine feeder and ozone

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Questions about BBB

Well, you may want to use the FAS-DPD every day to start with and get a feel for how much bleach the pool needs every day. Then you may be able to switch to the OTO test to confirm that nothing has gone terribly wrong and continue to add the amount that seems "normal". And of course verifying with the FAS-DPD every so often.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Long Beach, CA

Make sure you use 10ml of water for testing the FC, each drop will equal .5 ppm FC. If you use 25ml of water, then each drop will measure only .2 ppm FC and you will use up all the reagents very quick.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Judging by orders for replacement chemistry, it seems like the R-0871 (drops) runs out before the powder (R-0870)

As noted above, most people start daily with the FAS/DPD to get an accurate judge of what their pool needs daily, and then simply use the OTO chlorine test to confirm that your chlorine is staying roughly the same level.

When you get in a routine, it is pretty simple to use the OTO daily or so and then test once weekly with the FAS/DPD to confirm you are dosing correctly.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School