Getting Started With an Intex 18 x 52 Ultra Frame

Siiigh. Just noticed this. The belt/strap is bunched up around the entire pool. I straightened it while it was filling with water, but I guess it shifted? Can someone please tell me it's OK and I don't have to do something crazy like drain the pool to fix it? :)

Attachments

• IMG_3570.jpg
    IMG_3570.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 66
Last question! I promise! :) We swam today for the first time during the day and I noticed that the frame and liner seem to sway a little with movement in the pool. I checked the frame legs with a level and none are level front to back (I leveled them only side to side when I set it up). Is this normal for this pool? Thanks!

Very normal for these pools. That is why they must be absolutely level, to within 3/4-1". If out of level by more than this, you risk wall failure with resulting loss of structure and liner.

That is also why I'm risking rusting out my uprights by partially burying my 15'x48". Much more stable, I can almost do a cannonball off the ladder (haven't risked this yet!) with very little wall movement.

Here you can see that I've filled in to just at the level of the strap. The hole the pool is in averages about 1 foot deep, with the removed earth being placed back against the sides.

I would NOT recommend most people doing this, as when the uprights begin to rust, it will be problematic to replace with water in the pool. As a avid DIYer, I am confident that I will be able to do it.

kristinainaustin said:
Siiigh. Just noticed this. The belt/strap is bunched up around the entire pool.

Spray some water into the PVC sleeve that the legs go through. Then grab the strap on each side of the leg and wiggle/pull them down one at a time.

Also, I don't think it matters, but, my pool came with the leg holes on the outside of the white strap, and that is the way it was pictured on the Intex box. Again, it probably doesn't matter because before Intex added the leg holes, the legs were supposed to be inside the strap.

Just an observation.

Good Luck!

Jim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.