Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is there a patron saint of pools?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is there a patron saint of pools?

So I've been trying to get the pool opened for Memorial Day. Hadn't been following BBB, so of course, it's nasty and green. And full of leaves. So I was trying to start the shocking process just so I could see where all of the leaves were to get them out. So the pool has finally turned blue, and though not clear, I can make out dark spots on the bottom where the leaves are. So I find this nifty leaf vacuum that the previous owners left, it hooks up to the hose and has a mesh bag that collects the leaves. What a wondrous thing! Till I go to pull off the mesh bag, and....the cord breaks. Bummer. I then proceed to start scooping leaves out with the net. You know that piece of plastic that holds the two parts of a telescoping pole together? Yeah, it broke.

During my near daily filter cleanings, the little plastic tabs that hold the two parts of my filter core together broke.

No question, just venting. At least progress is being made.
    IG gunite freeform pool with attached spa, stone surround, 18,000 gallons, Pentair Tagelus TA60, Pentair Whisperflo WF-8 pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is there a patron saint of pools?

St. Adjutor of Vernon handles swimmers and against drowning. http://saints.sqpn.com/patrons-against-drowning/

For Lost Causes: http://saints.sqpn.com/patrons-of-lost-causes/
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Is there a patron saint of pools?

I think lost causes pretty well sums it up!
    IG gunite freeform pool with attached spa, stone surround, 18,000 gallons, Pentair Tagelus TA60, Pentair Whisperflo WF-8 pump.