Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Calculator App

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Calculator App

I see the IPhone app store has the Pool Calculator app available. I don't see it on Google Play however...

Anyone know if there is an App for Android phones that let's you change to bleach as your method of sanitizer - similar to what the on line pool calculator allows you to do??

Thanks!
    16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Calculator App

I am using "Pool Pal" and it seems to work very well. It even gives suggested values from various sources with TFP being one of those sources. I use it for the doses (I use bleach) and to log my water tests, but if you are looking for a pool volume calculator, I don't know if it will do that or not.

I would be interested in hearing what other people are using on Android.

3. Back To Top    #3

Simple Pool is an android app developed by a member as well.

You can find this stuff, by searching the forum either at the top or bottom of the page.
    simplepool-app-for-android-a-review-t41962.html?hilit=android%20app
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

I have the pool calculator on my ipod. When I bought a new phone I tried the pool pal and it isn't too bad.
    30 ft. round Conquest agp, 19,800 gal; Pentair Easy Clean 1 hp DE EC60 filter system
    Hayward H250N gas heater; TF100 Test Kit
    2 Fafco 4x20 sunsaver solar bear solar panels
    Dolphin E 10 ~ Zoomerang slide
    Majestic 8000 Above-Ground Pool Step

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by linda1
    I have the pool calculator on my ipod. When I bought a new phone I tried the pool pal and it isn't too bad.
    How do you like it? Does it have the BBB option?

I have the Pool Calculator app on my iPhone, but it could really use some updating (hasn't been updated since 2011 ). I wish it had the ability to save your test results so you could see progress/past results. I love the Pool Calculator web page, and the fact that the app using the same logic...just wish the app was a little more robust (especially for it's $4.99 price tag).

Anyone using anything else that works well?
    23K Gallon Freeform Tile Inground
    Hayward Super II 1.5 HP -- Pentair FNSP48 DE Filter @ 120 GPM
    Polaris 3900 Sport (with Booster Pump)

Pool School Attendee -- The TF-100 Test Kit and the Pool Calculator keep my pool Trouble Free -- BBB Supporter

6. Back To Top    #6

How do you like it? Does it have the BBB option?
    It's ok. After using the pool calculator for so many years I find this one taking me a little longer to get use to. It does give you options to select which chemical you want to use and strength etc. Being free, I'm not going to complain about it.
    30 ft. round Conquest agp, 19,800 gal; Pentair Easy Clean 1 hp DE EC60 filter system
    Hayward H250N gas heater; TF100 Test Kit
    2 Fafco 4x20 sunsaver solar bear solar panels
    Dolphin E 10 ~ Zoomerang slide
    Majestic 8000 Above-Ground Pool Step