Pool open test result advice please

Mar 5, 2013
connecticut
34k gallon salt pool with de filter. Just took cover off and vacuumed up and brushed liner. Shocked it clear. My test results as of today
Fac 7
Tac 7
Ph 7
Cya 0
Calc hardness 80
Salinity 400
I was told to get the alkalinity up first then use conditioner then add 17 bags of salt then hardness plus. Sound accurate? Pool is clear so far.
How many hours a day should I run the filter? Day or night? I want to put the pins in the timer today
Thanks for any advice.... Yay it's pool season!

Low CH does not matter in a vinyl pool. Why do you need to raise the TA? You did not even report that number.
What test kit are you using?

I would NOT swim in that water. A FC of 7ppm with a CYA of 0ppm is extremely harsh. Get some CYA dissolving in a sock in front of a return to buffer and protect the chlorine and add your salt whenever you want.

Please add your pool details and location as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Oops sorry typing this on my phone and guess I skipped that
Ta is at 80
This was tested at a Leslie's pool store
I plan on getting the recommended test kit this week but for now those are the numbers the pool store tested me at.
Ill add my pool details to my signiture when I'm home on my laptop

TA of 80 is fine in fact maybe a little high since you are using a SWG. The only reason you want it higher is if you were exclusively trying to use pucks (which the pool store assumes everyone does).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.