Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool open test result advice please

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool open test result advice please

34k gallon salt pool with de filter. Just took cover off and vacuumed up and brushed liner. Shocked it clear. My test results as of today
    Fac 7
    Tac 7
    Ph 7
    Cya 0
    Calc hardness 80
    Salinity 400
    I was told to get the alkalinity up first then use conditioner then add 17 bags of salt then hardness plus. Sound accurate? Pool is clear so far.
    How many hours a day should I run the filter? Day or night? I want to put the pins in the timer today
    Thanks for any advice.... Yay it's pool season!
    33k gal, IG vinyl, 1.5hp superpump, FNS 48 d/e filter, mineral springs swg, Polaris 380 w/pump, Raypak r405ep heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool open test result advice please

Your plan sounds good. Start out running the pump 8 hours daily and see how your water looks. You can split up run times if you like.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Hardness is not likely an issue in your Liner pool, unless you need to hit a number to maintain warranty.

Sneak up on your Salt number. It is hard to take it out, but easy to put more in. I would add half to two thirds and level up from there.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

4. Back To Top    #4

No warranty to worry about. Should I not bother with the hardness? I will def sneak up on the salt level. Are the current levels safe for swimming (prob a dumb question). If not what isn't safe?
    33k gal, IG vinyl, 1.5hp superpump, FNS 48 d/e filter, mineral springs swg, Polaris 380 w/pump, Raypak r405ep heater

5. Back To Top    #5

Low CH does not matter in a vinyl pool. Why do you need to raise the TA? You did not even report that number.
    What test kit are you using?

I would NOT swim in that water. A FC of 7ppm with a CYA of 0ppm is extremely harsh. Get some CYA dissolving in a sock in front of a return to buffer and protect the chlorine and add your salt whenever you want.

Please add your pool details and location as described HERE as it will help us help you.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Oops sorry typing this on my phone and guess I skipped that
    Ta is at 80
    This was tested at a Leslie's pool store
    I plan on getting the recommended test kit this week but for now those are the numbers the pool store tested me at.
    Ill add my pool details to my signiture when I'm home on my laptop

7. Back To Top    #7

TA of 80 is fine in fact maybe a little high since you are using a SWG. The only reason you want it higher is if you were exclusively trying to use pucks (which the pool store assumes everyone does).
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!