Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New House , New Pool, Progress and Questions!

1. Back To Top    #1

New House , New Pool, Progress and Questions!

ow-
    ojmiijmi

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New House , New Pool, Progress and Questions!

The best way to get the debris up is to vacuum it to filter and then backwash it out when it's time to backwash.

The TA test isn't affected by high FC but the pH is. Still I wouldn't worry about testing either until you're completely done shocking and have passed the OCLT.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Vacuum the recirculating stuff and fix the Ph when your FC drops below 10.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Great first post!

You should've started posting pictures earlier, so we could watch the transition!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    The best way to get the debris up is to vacuum it to filter and then backwash it out when it's time to backwash.
    Why vacuum that junk into the filter and not just to waste? At least for the initial passes. I've vacuumed to the filter in the past but was told to waste was a better option.
    15x32 vinyl liner, 14,400 gal, 1.4hp Centurion pump, 3/4 hp booster pump, Hayward Pro Series S244T Sand Filter, Hayward H200 heater (digital readout)
    Aqua Rite Electronic Chlorine Generator, Hayward Phantom cleaner, TF 100 test kit
    Pool School, Pool Calculator

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

I've vacuumed to the filter in the past but was told to waste was a better option.
    Maybe, maybe not. I have a VERY large filter and a very precious source for water. Much better for me to filter into my big filter and then backwash.

I vacuum to waste at about 90 gpm and my well is capable of producing 2 gpm. If I vacuum for 15 minutes, that's about 12 hours of well production,

Each case is different.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    I've vacuumed to the filter in the past but was told to waste was a better option.
    Maybe, maybe not. I have a VERY large filter and a very precious source for water. Much better for me to filter into my big filter and then backwash.

I vacuum to waste at about 90 gpm and my well is capable of producing 2 gpm. If I vacuum for 15 minutes, that's about 12 hours of well production,

Each case is different.
    Makes sense. I'm just filling from a outdoor hydrant, didn't think about other water source issues.
    15x32 vinyl liner, 14,400 gal, 1.4hp Centurion pump, 3/4 hp booster pump, Hayward Pro Series S244T Sand Filter, Hayward H200 heater (digital readout)
    Aqua Rite Electronic Chlorine Generator, Hayward Phantom cleaner, TF 100 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Also depending on the size of the leaves they may get trapped in the skimmer basket or the pump basket and not have to be backwashed at all anytime soon.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

9. Back To Top    #9

home.

10. Back To Top    #10

Yes, keep shocking until cc is .5 or less and the pool is clear.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

11. Back To Top    #11

So

12. Back To Top    #12

You should probably bump the FC up to 13 to maintain the shock level for your current CYA level. I tend to fudge on the high side, closer to 14 or 15.