pump broke or not?

Albert

May 20, 2008
Minnesota
ok the water in my pool is all nice and clear but one problem i have now is that when i turn on the pump to filter mode it doesnt seem like its circulating well as in it doesnt build up as much pressure as it did when i first turned it on this year but the water is circulating but the other problem is that it discharges water when in filter mode. so what could be the problem?

it comes out of where the water comes out when you put it in backwash. it wont hold a prime so there is air getting in somewhere but i thought i had it fixed and everything but overnight it was missing about 6 inches of water the next morning so i have no idea whats going on here.

Hello Albert
Is it side mount or top mount although that probally doesn't matter i think the problem is the multiport valve, inside is a thingy called a spider gasket and that could be your problem. if you think you your confident enough, you could take it apart and see if it is seated properly, or broken, they can be replaced.

edit hayward calls it a valve seat gasket
Hope this helps
Happy swims Frank
here is website with some info

http://www.poolcenter.com/parts_valves_poolstor.htm

Hello Albert

I am sure it's the multi port valve. There could be something that is broken, so you could try and fix it yourself or get someone to come and do it.

On the top of the valve there should be some nuts or screws [ mine has six] if you undoe these the top part of the assembly should lift off and you can then see if anything looks broken, mainly the the valve seat gasket, it's round with spokes.

REMEMBER only do this if like pulling things apart and fixing them, or at least trying. otherwise get an expert!!! if you break anything it wasn't my fault. :)

Frank

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.