Leak issue, suggestions on a fix

joshs2000ss

Nov 10, 2010
South Central Kentucky
Not sure if this should go here, but it's not really the pump itself leaking so I thought I'd drop it here. Move if needed mods.

I've noticed wet concrete around the pump area since opening my pool 2 days ago. I believe the leak is coming from the joint pointed to in the picture.

The leak appears to be coming from the joint above the pump in the pvc threads. I'm assuming the best solution will be to cut the pvc above, unscrew and retape (or just completely replace that section) and screw back in and put in a union above the pump in that line. Any other suggestions?

I am guessing that the other end of that PVC pipe that is leaking goes into your filter? If so, can't you unscrew the PVC threaded adapter there, then just spin the pipe around loosing it from the pump? Then you could add some Teflon and see if that holds. That would save you the time of cutting and adding in adapters and such.

Yeah, you'll need to install unions on both pipes (that should've been there) in order to properly fix the leak.

There is a rubber flexible pipe sealant tape that you can get at HD/Lowes that will stretch around it and MIGHT work but unions are the correct answer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.