I added the recom chemicals and retested this morning

FC 0.5
CC 1.5
TC 2
pH 7.5
TA 100
CH 190
CYA 20

So I went ahead and added the recom chemicals this morning and I will retest tonight. I was shocked at the chlorine level still being so low.

Am I missing something? :(

KansasGirl000:

Since you just filled your pool up, I would just keep an eye on your FC/CC levels over the next few days or so as Richard320 suggested. Might try to get the FC in the 3-4 ppm range to accelerate burning off the CC's a bit quicker, but wouldn't do anything more drastic than that over the next several days. Recommend testing using the FAS-DPD test during this time. If the CC's don't drop to 0.5 ppm or less in a week or so, repost with a new set of test numbers and we'll go from there.

Only tweak I would suggest is to get your CYA up to 30. Once there, see how that level of CYA works regarding your daily FC loss. It's better to be conservative when adding CYA. It's easy to add more if needed (go slowly though). Much more difficult to lower CYA if it gets too high.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.