Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Automation/controller recommendation

1. Back To Top    #1

Automation/controller recommendation

So I'm adding a heater (aquacal superquiet) and as often happens with me once I start one project I've been thinking of upgrading my other stuff

What I would like to do is have remote access and control of

1) Pump
    2) Heater
    3) Pool Light
    4) Spa jets
    5) integration of the SWG
    6) Ideally I'd like to get some email or text alert one something goes wrong
    7) Feedback on pool temp, ORP and PH (my SWG monitors all this for me)
    8) Programable (but aren't they all)

Right now I have
    1)pump-intelliflo VS -just installed this yesterday and love it so far
    2) heater- aquacal superquiet
    3) Pool light - intellibright LED 12V
    4) jets- Some cheap blower on a hard swith (110)
    5) SWG- Autopilot total control

I have old school valves so I'm not sure if I'm up to replacing those to change the way the plumbing is (and to be honest I don't really need to).

Anyone have any ideas. I'm totally fine with doing the plumbing and electrical work (I installed the SWG and redid the panel once before), so I'd like to be able to install it myself

Thanks
    P
    20K ,in-ground cement (pebble tek) with attached spa, Sand filter (model triton Tr-100, area-4.9 sqft, flow 100 gal/min), Pentair WhisperFlo Pump 1.5 HP Model WFE-26, Total control SWG, pool is old (around 30 years)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Automation/controller recommendation

Since you have the Intelliflo and the Intellibrights I'd suggest the Pentair automation system. It matches more of your equipment.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

will that play nice with me SWG and heater?

P
    20K ,in-ground cement (pebble tek) with attached spa, Sand filter (model triton Tr-100, area-4.9 sqft, flow 100 gal/min), Pentair WhisperFlo Pump 1.5 HP Model WFE-26, Total control SWG, pool is old (around 30 years)

4. Back To Top    #4

According to the Autopilot manual it will.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Thats good enough for me

6. Back To Top    #6

Will the screenlogic 2 control that aquacal? i heard that it can't control the temp but can show status. I am still looking for the answer.
    13000, AG, Plaster, Pentair equipment pump salt, automation, 3hp pump, 11 years old, TF-100 test kit, city water, pool cleaner vac, South Florida

7. Back To Top    #7

The Aquacal manual looks like it can be configured for an external thermostat. If you set it up that way the Pentair system would control temp via a relay and their supplied sensor and ScreenLogic would work.

Steve
    14x28 Hydra Pools vinyl pool. EasyTouch, my own web interface (Screenlogic died), Intelliflow VF, 3 Pentair GloBrites, Pentair Master Temp heater, Hayward DE filter. 89" fiberglass spillover spa

8. Back To Top    #8

According to Pentair, it can be controlled temperature wise.
    13000, AG, Plaster, Pentair equipment pump salt, automation, 3hp pump, 11 years old, TF-100 test kit, city water, pool cleaner vac, South Florida

9. Back To Top    #9

You may be interested in this information instead of the ScreenLogic:
    android-iphone-control-of-intellitouch-and-easytouch-t52220.html
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

10. Back To Top    #10

Yes, I read that but they are sold out. $100 difference really isn't that much to avoid the screen logic program and have mismatched equipment. I would try it but they don't even have a when to expect them date.