I cannot find this skimmer, anyone recognize it?

dhawks

May 14, 2013
I want to replace the skimmer before I open this year. I was hoping to find a direct replacement so I will not have to cut, drill new holes, or have holes that do not line up. Does anyone recognize this skimmer from the screw pattern? Ive been searching and searching, nothing seems to come close.
[attachment=0:3bsfw04a]skim.JPG[/attachment:3bsfw04a]

Attachments

• skim.JPG
    skim.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 182
That looks like an aquador face plate. It's an add-on and isn't part of the original skimmer. We can't tell what the skimmer is from that pic. Take a pic of the top and inside, basket, etc. and maybe we can help.

Thanks. I am away from it for a while for more photos. So, if this is a faceplate add on only, what's my best course of action for full replacement? Can we assume there are now multiple holes in the liner for screws? Why would this have been done? I'm sure you can see the crack that I'm wanting to replace it for. Is there any harm in removing the assembly to investigate? I'm fearing without the skimmer installed I may be risking tearing or some other issue with the liner. Is this a valid concern? Thanks in advance.

What type pool is it?
How old is the liner?

It's hard to say if the liner will move if you remove the faceplate. If you leave the water level just below the skimmer you may be fine.

Have you considered patching it with some pool epoxy?

I wish I knew the answers. We moved into this house inheriting the pool. Im guessing its 10 years old from the permit on the auditors site. 24' round. A magnetic light I bought last year sticks to the liner. Currently the water is below the skimmer like in the photo. I'm ready to unscrew this thing anytime just thought I better ask if its wise first. I suppose I could remove it to investigate and then quickly reinstall it till I get the new stuff. I didn't think about the epoxy idea. I suppose that's a valid idea. I also have stains on the outside of the liner at a different location that made me think might as well replace it with new gaskets to solve both issues at the same time.

I took it apart and found the faceplate seems to be original. There are no extra holes or alterations. Here are the pictures:

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 144
  • photo 1-2.JPG
    photo 1-2.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 142
  • photo 4-1.JPG
    photo 4-1.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 139
Nothing at all! They only thing molded into the face is a us pat no 5285538 and the underside of the basket lid says s360. I'm telling you, I completely examined this whole thing for a clue.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I may just have to do a repair although I really would like to replace it. I have checked all the available new wide skimmers that I can find, all of them require a smaller hole cut than I currently have. I can get over the screw hole pattern if I could find a skimmer that needs a hole in the liner that is greater than or equal to what I have now. I'll hold out hope that someone has an idea before I get around to finally doing this. Thanks for all your help guys!

steve.jerseypools said:
It's a baker hydro or swim quip by sta rite by Pentair.

I wish, I cannot find that any of these skimmers have the same screw hole pattern and also their specs on size do not match. Further, I am also not convinced this is an add on plate. None of the aquador plates have this screw pattern. The holes in the skimmer housing on my skimmer match the hole pattern you see on the face plate. This may just have to remain a mystery.

I also looked at the baker-hydro's and the swimquip's and you're right none of the hole patterns are the same.

The only thing I've been able to find is the patent on the faceplate sealing technology. It appears that the entire skimmer was originally designed for that faceplate.

this is an interesting puzzle and I really wish you luck in finding it or at least a fitting replacement for it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.