Reading pool blueprint/drawing

yzf600

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 15, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I just bought a house with a pool in Phoenix, AZ. It's been maintained by a pool service with tablets until I moved in. I'm starting to convert it to the BBB method here but wanted to get a good estimate of the water capacity. I have the pool drawing attached and by my estimate, I think the pool is somewhere in the 12-15k range. Would others agree?

I'm not sure when the pool was last drained. Here are current levels:

FC: 15
CC: 0.5-1
pH: 7.5
TA: 170
CYA: >150
CH: 900

Phoenix hard water, coupled with insane evaporation rates dictate I live with high CH levels. I think CYA is high due to tablets used by pool service before me. I'll stick with these levels for now and watch FC and CC closely. I have other pressing home improvement items to spend my money on besides new water for the pool.

Sometime in the near future I think I'll replace the pump with a Intelliflow VF High Performance pump. I think I'll be able to save some on the power bill and reduce the pump noise. Sometime in the medium term, I'd like to install a solar heater so I can keep the pool temp above 80 for one or two more months a year. Silly me thought you could swim in a pool year round in Phoenix before I moved here.

FWIW - I have a wireless, solar powered pool temp. sensor that allows me to monitor my pool from anywhere in the world! Not that I really need to, but because I can. :-D I'm kicking around the idea that I roll my own automation panel by tapping into the RS-485 bus of the new pump when I get my solar water heater panels.

Attachments

• pool-drawing.png
    pool-drawing.png
    371.9 KB · Views: 43
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.