Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Reading pool blueprint/drawing

1. Back To Top    #1
    Phoenix, AZ

Reading pool blueprint/drawing

I just bought a house with a pool in Phoenix, AZ. It's been maintained by a pool service with tablets until I moved in. I'm starting to convert it to the BBB method here but wanted to get a good estimate of the water capacity. I have the pool drawing attached and by my estimate, I think the pool is somewhere in the 12-15k range. Would others agree?

I'm not sure when the pool was last drained. Here are current levels:

FC: 15
    CC: 0.5-1
    pH: 7.5
    TA: 170
    CYA: >150
    CH: 900

Phoenix hard water, coupled with insane evaporation rates dictate I live with high CH levels. I think CYA is high due to tablets used by pool service before me. I'll stick with these levels for now and watch FC and CC closely. I have other pressing home improvement items to spend my money on besides new water for the pool.

Sometime in the near future I think I'll replace the pump with a Intelliflow VF High Performance pump. I think I'll be able to save some on the power bill and reduce the pump noise. Sometime in the medium term, I'd like to install a solar heater so I can keep the pool temp above 80 for one or two more months a year. Silly me thought you could swim in a pool year round in Phoenix before I moved here.

FWIW - I have a wireless, solar powered pool temp. sensor that allows me to monitor my pool from anywhere in the world! Not that I really need to, but because I can. I'm kicking around the idea that I roll my own automation panel by tapping into the RS-485 bus of the new pump when I get my solar water heater panels.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    15k gallon, salt water, plaster, Pentair IntelliFlo pump, Hayward 48 sq ft DE filter, Pentair Intellichlor, hayward Aquanat 200 pool vac ultra located in Phoenix, AZ

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Reading pool blueprint/drawing

I get about 14,000 gallons so you look to be in the ballpark.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit