skimmer info

Mar 23, 2013
Cypress, TX
Hi. This site has taught me so much. So thanks for all the info I've gotten already. I'm about to set my Intex ultra frame 16x48 up the right way finally. I've gotten my intex 2650 sand filter, swg, and a Hayward through the wall skimmer. My question about the skimmer is this: when I install the skimmer, should the pool be empty, partially filled, or full? I have no hangups on cutting the liner at all, just the fear of the liner stretching if I do it incorrectly.

Thanks

I seem to remember most people filling the pool to just under the skimmer line and cutting it then. There have also been discussions about filling it and mounting the skimmer and then cutting the hole out with it full.

cmcraig said:
Hi. This site has taught me so much. So thanks for all the info I've gotten already. I'm about to set my Intex ultra frame 16x48 up the right way finally. I've gotten my intex 2650 sand filter, swg, and a Hayward through the wall skimmer. My question about the skimmer is this: when I install the skimmer, should the pool be empty, partially filled, or full? I have no hangups on cutting the liner at all, just the fear of the liner stretching if I do it incorrectly.

Thanks

I'm going to be ordering the same set-up, so if you don't mind, please post pictures or any info on what size fittings you use. I hope to be getting this in a few weeks. We already have our pool set up and I think I will drain just enough water to be below where the skimmer will sit while cut the hole and install.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.