Pentair Hi-Flo Valve

Terry

Jul 8, 2008
Dallas, Tx
I just purchased a hi-flo multiport valve 261050 for my Quad DE. The handle is floppy, is it supposed to be? You have to hold the handle up for the end to be flush with the top of the valve, then when you let go it just drops back. My previous Hayward sand multiport valve handle stayed upright even when not installed. This feels wrong, but I've never had Pentair, so what say those of you with this valve. Is it loose when it's not installed/ under pressure?

DSCN3851_zps8b3230c2.jpg

Hey Terry, this might be a simple fix. For some reason the spring is missing or not sitting correctly within the valve itself. This spring is what creates the tension on the handle. These valves are easily disassembled; you can open it up and take a look inside to determine if you can just adjust the spring or whether it's missing completely. Here is a link to a manual with an exploded diagram:

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/Hi-FlowValveIG.pdf

If the spring is missing completely, or you cannot get it to sit/work correctly, just let me know and I will gladly assist in getting you a replacement ASAP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.