Ideas around oval pool sunken in ground

I'm getting a Rockwood pool which is like an above ground / onground pool. It can be sunk all the way in ground, they leave it out about 8" high so we can add deck or patio around it. It has a coping about 6" wide, but they say we can't pour concrete up to it.
We're on a tight budget so I was thinking of having one side just landscaping without room to walk, and the other sides use river rock with a patio stone path.
Does anyone have anything similar? Looking for pictures if possible!
I could do a wood deck around, but it would be little pricey for something that won't last that long.

I should also mention that the pool is 15x30 and has no deep end, so there is no need to have room for kids to run and jump... i'd like to make it harder for them to do that.

Any ideas would be great!!

Mine is buried 2 feet and has wood decking down one long side coming off existing wood decking I had off the house-just extended it out 9 feet. It's about 9 inches down from the top rail and notched out around the uprights. I assure you it well help keep your pool a WHOLE LOT cleaner!

gtojohn said:
I did an aboveground inground last year.This is a doughboy with 48" walls recessed 4ft. I did the decking with limestone.
doughboy-inground-austin-t41058.html?hilit=austin%20inground

What did you use inbetween the limestone?
I'm looking for something to put around patio stones that will stay in place (ie mulch would end up in the pool).
Is whatever you used good for cold winters? I'm in Southwestern Ontario.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
esim 13. I really like the plantings next to your pool. Do you have any problems with the splash off killing the plants? I am thinking of doing the same thing around one side of my pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.