Cleaning stains

joshs2000ss

Nov 10, 2010
South Central Kentucky
I've seen where using calcium tablets crushed up in a sock can remove stains from pool surfaces. Can calcium hardness increaser be used in this manner as well? It may be that they contain completely different ingredients, but thought it couldn't hurt to ask since I already have the later on hand.

Thanks,

I don't recall reading anything about calcium tablets being used.

You can use trichlor tablets to test if the stain is organic. Or you can use vitamin C tablets crushed up to remove metal stains.

maybe it was vitamin C. I've been away from the board for a while...

I'm fairly certain it's organic as the stains have faded almost completely with the shocking process. I think I have a couple metal stains from where water ran under the cover around the anchors. I'll try the vitamin C on those spots. I don't have any trichlor tablets, so if the stains don't go away completely, I'll get a couple of those for stain removal purposes.

If the stains were lessened with chlorine, I would simply elevate the chlorine to about twice it's normal suggested level and keep it there for a week or so and see what the stains do. They'll probably go away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.