intex metal frame (ultra) cleanup issue

Mar 27, 2013
I'm just setting up my first intex (ultra) metal frame pool and I noticed after it rained that water built up in the seam around the pool where the liner hangs off the frame. I would assume if the blue version (non-ultra) has the same design it would have this same issue. I am thinking that the water is going to get stagnant and gross (think algae, mosquito larvae, etc.) over time. My air compressor will blow the water right out of there but that is a hassle to do that all the time. Has anyone figured out a trick to eliminate this problem? Thanks in advance.

I got a couple of the large pool noodles and have cut them down in length to make pieces which fit into the gaps where the liner drops down below the rail. I also cut a longitudinal slit in the noodle. Since the rail is thick the noodle cannot fit around the rail. Put the whole noodle section under the rail in the gap, noodle slit down. I then take the inside the pool part of the liner where it is comes back up to make that v-shape (and where your water collects) and put the water side liner inside of the slit in the noodle. This seems to lessen the chance of water getting into that area. Also helps to keep washout to a minimum when there is alot of wave action. Hadn't noticed any water collecting in mine, hope this may work for you too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.