What next?

nthoms

Jul 13, 2012
Colchester, CT
As always I appreciate any assistance that is provided! Thanks in advance.

Last year I fought with metal staining (specifically iron) almost all year long. I tried an Ascorbic Acid treatment multiple times. The stains would lift off the surface, only to return when I would try to raise the FC back up. I do not have any of my numbers from last years testing ... I believe I burned them in frustration :evil:

Now this year, I opened my pool to a green mess. I promptly shocked the pool by raising the FC to above 18. It took a few days, but the pool now looks crystal clear. So far, so good.

My fear is that I'm going to do something wrong and I'm going to find the metals staining all over my steps again.

I've attached my testing numbers so far this year and would WELCOME any advice for next steps.

[attachment=0:2bd4eq5y]PoolChemistry.gif[/attachment:2bd4eq5y]

Attachments

• PoolChemistry.gif
    PoolChemistry.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 59
If you got through the shock process with no metal stains, I don't think they will come back.

Keep your pH about where it is, your TA about where it is, and I think metal staining is hopefully a thing of the past.

Have you tested for metals this year?

Absolutely first class chart, incidentally....very nice work :goodjob:

duraleigh said:
Do you have any idea how the metal got into your pool? If it is a recurring issue, I would get one. If it was a one time issue, I wouldn't.
Some of the iron has come from fill water (from my well). The other, I assume, is a result of having a salt water pool. Am I correct in that assumption? Does the salt that gets added to the pool (and the SWG) bring metals too?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.