Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need grill part, can anyone help?

1. Back To Top    #1

Need grill part, can anyone help?

I have a 9+ yr old Kirkland Signature gas grill (sold through Costco, built by Virco which is now Nexgrill)

The grill still works great but the electrodes in the ignitors "slid out" of the ceramic insulators. Im not sure what held them in there from the factory but once they slid out they would no longer create a spark to the light the burner. We've been using Scripto lighters for the past 2 years or so. Ive fixed it by using some high temp RTV to hold them in the ceramic insulator, but I was wondering if I could locate the actual part to have some on hand.

You can see what Im talking about here: http://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/se ... 095/123993 (I know its for a Ducane but thats the exact same setup my grill has)

I have yet to be able to find JUST the wire and bracket with insulator/electrode installed. I cant believe its not out there, its only one screw on the valve to remove and replace just the whole ignitor setup.

Has anyone seen them separate from the valve itself before?

Thanks in advance.

-Chris
    22K IG vinyl, .5HP Northstar pump, S244T filter, AutoPilot Digital w/SC-48 cell

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need grill part, can anyone help?

You may find it better to replace it with an aftermarket igniter like this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Electric-Ignitor-Kit/8587363
    16x32 Oval In-ground Vinyl, ~17,000 gallons, Hayward 1hp Superpump, Hayward S245T Sand Filter

Worn out sand? sand-filter-expert-help-t30049.html
    Drain the easy way: cyanuric-acid-blues-draining-pool-t43843.html
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html , pool-school/chlorine_cya_chart_shock , pool-school/shocking_your_pool

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks.

I wanted to avoid it if possible, since everything is so integrated with the gas valve (although I suppose I could just remove the flash bar and ignitor portion). Not sure how easy it would be align all new stuff, but its an option.

I have it up and running now using high temp RTV to hold them in place. If I get another few years out of it Ill be happy....at that point it will be a question of even keeping this grill or buying anew. Funny thing is 9 years ago it "pained" me to spend $800.00 on this grill, but by now we've gotten our moneys worth and then some, and to come even close to something with the same features (mainly available cooking space) would cost at least twice that.
    22K IG vinyl, .5HP Northstar pump, S244T filter, AutoPilot Digital w/SC-48 cell

4. Back To Top    #4

chrisexv6:

Might want to check here: http://www.gasgrills.com/. I have purchased a few parts from them with good results.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

5. Back To Top    #5

The igniter electrode part is pretty standard to my knowledge. It really just a piece of wire in a ceramic sleeve to create a spark.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100