Any reviews for the "Restore" deck & concrete refinish?

We used it lat year on out deck. Love it. Very hard to apply. Watch videos on YouTube. We were going to replace our modest deck at a cost of 20,000.00. Restore cost about 200.00 and we put in a pool with the savings! I live in connecticut and it handled the winter well. Biggest drawback is it gets very hot in the sun. We used a light color and still can't walk on it on ot sunny days. We have bought some carpets for the kids to walk on.

Sandy

I am also considering/researching restore. One reviewer on amazon discusses cutting it with water to get better coverage with less grit, which appeals to me.

Keep us posted if you do it first...I need a lot more product than the other poster and may wait to take it out of next month's budget since we blew the wad on my kid's graduation this month :)

How long did you wait for it to cure before putting furniture back on deck?

If you like a smoother finish with the Restore after putting it down with the roller take a paint brush and lightly go over the finish and that will smooth it quite a bit. The reason the product works is that you are putting a rubber like coating down. Adding water will defeat the build (thickness) of the product. Behr has a product like the restore but is not as rough a finish called Deck Over.

If you want a smoother finish Behr at Home Depot now makes a New Product that competes with Deck Restore, it is called Deck Over. It can also be used on Vertical surfaces, it is much easier to apply than Deck Restore as well.

It appears to cost more, but read the coverage, per square foot they are pretty close.

Both great products.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.