Last year I learned about chemistry and now this year I have a new issue, I think it is a clogged line or (hopefully not) a break in the line/pipe.
• Last year the pool closed fine.
• When opening the pool there was some difficulty primeing the pump.
o It would get started and then stop and have an air void (meaning like it was repriming)
o Then after adjusting some of the valves I got it running continueously.
• I then put the valves to all open. This way I could hear the water from the slide water hitting the pool water and know that the pump is running.
o After 15 minutes the water I no longer heard water hitting the pool water.
o I could adjust the valves and make all the water go to the slide but when keeping all valves on no water would go on the slide.
o I could shut off motor and then turn the motor back on and the slide would work (a little meaning flow at a minimal and only for about 5 minutes
o Or I could pull the filter and clean it and reprime to get it going and it will last for about 15 minutes again before flow stops on the slide again.
• Also worth noting is that normally when I open the filter basket that it will empty or drain and it does not do that now.
• The heater is also registering “no flow”
• The pool is too cloudy to see the bottom to see if there is dirt or sediment
Anyone’s help or comments are greatly appreciated. Or if you know a pool repair person in Michigan, if that is needed then please let me know.