Average Price for Liquid Chlorine ?

Re: Liquid Chlorine?

The cost of shipping bulk sodium hypochlorite would prohibit any cost savings that you might realize. If you can buy it locally and in bulk, your best deal will be had there.

OUCH! I pay $16.09 for 7.5 gals. That is 3 refills of their bleach containers at ACE Hardware. It is 11%. I live in North Florida.

The shipping would kill you for online I would think. Do you have a Walmart close?

Kim

My Wal-Mart sells 12.5%, but I think that it is the same 12.5% jugs that have been on those shelves for 3 or 4 years. They look old! I don't think that much of it moves down here in N. Texas. I usually get the 8.25% 3 jug boxes at Costco for $8 and change.

257WbyMag said:
My Wal-Mart sells 12.5%, but I think that it is the same 12.5% jugs that have been on those shelves for 3 or 4 years.
precator:

This is key, especially with higher concentrations. Bleach/liquid chlorine with higher concentrations (say above 10%) will degrade faster than bleach with lower concentrations. So, that high concentration bleach that is labeled as 12.5% may have degraded to something much less than that if it has been sitting around for a year or more. Unless you know of a place that has a high product turnover selling high concentration bleach/liquid chlorine, you are better off getting a lower concentration in the 6 - 8.25% range that is commonly sold at supermarkets and warehouse clubs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I once saw LC at walmart that had CYA mixed in! Watch out for that.

Average (off sale) for me is $12.50 for 4gal of 10%.

My second choice would be clorox at Sam's:
$8.98 for 348oz of 8.25% (28.71oz chlorine) = 31.3c/oz
vs
Meijer: $12.50 for 4 gal (512 oz) of 10% = (51.2oz chlorine) = 24.4c/oz

Must have been a mistake when they sold it for $11.50/4gal @ 10% for a season, sure was nice!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.