Average Price for Liquid Chlorine ?

After quite a few calls I was able to find a source for reasonably priced liquid chlorine in Northern NJ.

The company info:

Universal Chemical
100 N. Hackensack Ave.
South Kearny, NJ 07032
(973) 589-1525

The gentleman I spoke to is named Jerry. He was very friendly and accommodating.

He will sell LC in any volume, up to tanker truck loads. The most inexpensive way to purchase is to bring your own container(s) for him to fill.
Bring your 10 or 15 gallon drum and fill that!

The cost is $2.75 per gallon of 12.5%.
The deposit for a 5 gallon carboy is $7.50 EACH.
Don't forget 7% NJ sales tax and a $2 insurance surcharge.

Hope this helps!

Are you sure it's not 3.78 liters ? A US gallon / 4 US quarts is 3.78 liters, or 3.33 imperial quarts, if you really want to get confusing.

EDIT -- that reminded me to update my signature and specify US gallons ;)

OK, I just got back from Wally World and the size is 3.78 Quarts. Seems they are phasing the old bottle out for a splash-proof bottle design. Bottle still says 3.78 Quarts and "Concentrated" but now does not list the % of Sodium Hypochloride. The price also went up to $2.98. So, pretty much $3 for 3/4 gallon of 8.25 (????) Chlorine.

For any Australians on this thread... I found liquid chlorine 12.5% at Bunnings for $10.00 for 15 litres... :) Sadly that's about the same price we are paying for petrol....
The 15 litre packaging is relatively new, they used to have only 12.5ltr packaging. It is most likely Hy-clor branded - if so, it was added to Hy-Clor's website within the past 2 weeks (I last checked their website in that time frame)!

BTW lacey, either petrol is cheaper in ACT than in VIC, or you have the numbers reversed - it's closer to AU$15 for 10 litres here!

Here in SA, Lowes has the 10% at $3.31 before sales tax and includes 10% discount for active/retired military. Probably straight up about $3.50 a gal.

Just swithched from tabs to liquid, putting in 25 oz each night and has kept CL at 3.0, appreciate any comments on daily use by old timers using liquid.

Thanks.

Alamo
GO SPURS, WRAP IT UP!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.