Trouble with Cloudy Water

May 12, 2013
I'm new at this but read and reviewed A LOT before I started. Needing a little more help. We have an approx 15x30 vinly inground pool, approx 20,500 gallons.
We opened our pool on May 6th, it's been 6 days. Initially was very GREEN & couldn't see bottom at all. It is no longer green, can see bottom, however it is still slightly cloudy, definitely not crystal clear.
We used Dichlor and Cal/Hypo as shock to start up (left over supplies we are using up)

Today chemicals are

FC =11
CC =1
TC = 12
TA= 110
PH = 7.4
CYA = 60
CH - 270

(wondering if I need to purchase some Liquid Chlorine and shock higher to get rid of cloudiness) or test for other things at pool store??

Any suggestions??
Thanks,
Lisa

Welcome to the forum. :lol: Bring your FC back to shock level. (24 ppm) You are not finished yet with a cc = 1 and cloudy water.

DO NOT use anymore dichlor or Cal Hypo. The dichlor adds even more CYA you don't need and the Cal Hypo may be contributing to the cloudiness. Use bleach

Welcome to TFP!

Yep, use bleach at this point. Be sure to run your filter 24/7 during this process since the dead algae needs to be filtered out as you go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.