Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Trouble with Cloudy Water

1. Back To Top    #1

Trouble with Cloudy Water

I'm new at this but read and reviewed A LOT before I started. Needing a little more help. We have an approx 15x30 vinly inground pool, approx 20,500 gallons.
    We opened our pool on May 6th, it's been 6 days. Initially was very GREEN & couldn't see bottom at all. It is no longer green, can see bottom, however it is still slightly cloudy, definitely not crystal clear.
    We used Dichlor and Cal/Hypo as shock to start up (left over supplies we are using up)

Today chemicals are

FC =11
    CC =1
    TC = 12
    TA= 110
    PH = 7.4
    CYA = 60
    CH - 270

(wondering if I need to purchase some Liquid Chlorine and shock higher to get rid of cloudiness) or test for other things at pool store??

Any suggestions??

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Trouble with Cloudy Water

Welcome to the forum. Bring your FC back to shock level. (24 ppm) You are not finished yet with a cc = 1 and cloudy water.

DO NOT use anymore dichlor or Cal Hypo. The dichlor adds even more CYA you don't need and the Cal Hypo may be contributing to the cloudiness. Use bleach
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Flower Mound, TX

Welcome to TFP!

Yep, use bleach at this point. Be sure to run your filter 24/7 during this process since the dead algae needs to be filtered out as you go.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

4. Back To Top    #4

Great Thanks!! I purchased Liquid bleach, bringing it to shock level tonight. Running filter 24/7. Will let you know how it works, thanks again for the help!! Appreciate it!