Mystery tube between pump outlet and pool return???

May 7, 2013
Does anyone know why the pipe after the pump outlet (before the multiport valve) would be connected to the return with a small (0.25 inch dia.) tube (black tube in picture)??? I'm going to put in a SWG and want to make sure I can get rid of the tube...
[attachment=0:18q5jfx7]setup_old.jpg[/attachment:18q5jfx7]

Attachments

• setup_old.jpg
    setup_old.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 72
Issac-1 is right. It was probably where a chlorinator used to go and instead of replacing the pipes with the holes drilled in them, they just ran a straight piece of chlorinator hose.

Makes sense, thanks for letting me know. I'm going to get rid of the pipe with the hole in the return line to install a SWG. Is there a good way to plug the hole in the pipe between the pump and filter?

There are several ways. You could drill and tap the hole, and put in a plug. You could cut the pipe and use a coupling. You could cut a coupling in half, and then in half again lengthwise to make a patch piece. Glue the patch piece over the hole. Use a clamp to hold the patch piece until the glue dries.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.