Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: fountain

1. Back To Top    #1

fountain

Hello. We are getting a 16 X 32 rectangular inground pool. The pool place said it comes with a hookup for a fountain if we want it. The hose will be sticking out of the ground 2 ft if we get it without some sort of fountain which I have no idea at this point. I think they usually put it on the diving board, but we aren't getting one. Any help/photos would be appreciated. I don't want to say no and regret it later, but what do I do with the hose sticking out of the cement?
    16 x 32 rectangular, 21K,IGvinyl, 1.5HP Sand Dollar Pentair superflo high performance pump, Pentair IC20 intellichlor chlorine generator, LED intellibrite 5g light, Raypak Heater 335,000 BTU

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: fountain

Welcome to TFP!!!

Whay type of pool is this? I have never heard of a pool "coming with a fountain" as that is just a separate plumbing run (and a diving board will not have water running to it). It almost sounds like they are using this random "hose" sticking out of the ground to try to upsell you into buying a water feature. If the plumbing for it is included, just have them put it through the wall and make it another normal pool return.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: fountain

Sorry it is a waterfall hose. They normally give it free with the diving board. We are getting the diving board unless I can figure something else out. We don't need to pay any extra for the hose.
    16 x 32 rectangular, 21K,IGvinyl, 1.5HP Sand Dollar Pentair superflo high performance pump, Pentair IC20 intellichlor chlorine generator, LED intellibrite 5g light, Raypak Heater 335,000 BTU