Texas AGP (Intex) - Will update

Texas AGP (Intex) - Updated 02MAY20 - Old pool out new pool in.

Ok, well...I broke ground on my AGP project. I will update this thread as it progresses. This site is a wealth of information and I look forward to the experience I'll gain from this modest oasis.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368317910883.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368317910883.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 1,860
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368317926439.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368317926439.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 1,853
Last edited:
Re: Broke Ground on Texas AGP

Good luck! This is the most painful part! It's critical to get level! Take your time n mistakes will be at a minimum! Post lots of pics! What kind of pool did you get?

woodyp said:
3 words-----------Level, Level, Level!

Yes. Very aware of how level this needs to be. Glad I'm not dealing with any major variation to start with.

Casey said:
Good luck! This is the most painful part! It's critical to get level! Take your time n mistakes will be at a minimum! Post lots of pics! What kind of pool did you get?

Will do on the pics. As for the pool, no frills. Just starting out with a 22' x 52" Ultra Intex. I'll build a small deck for it, landscape around it, etc...Hopefully we can enjoy it for several seasons and if all goes well, I'll consider upgrading to a more permanent AGP setup.

As long as it holds water to cool off in, a pool is a pool!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I remember putting my last pool up and being so sore! I'll be doing it again very soon!

Done for the day. This pile was completely from today. Got a little help from the wife, but otherwise flying solo.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369019918906.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369019918906.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 1,552
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369019934967.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369019934967.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 1,545

Oh boy does this bring back memories, I bet that tree provided some nice shade at times.
You can chase level around for a long time but as long as your pretty close you should be good, the worst should be over and once the pool parts start coming out it's gets alot better, although I personally found filling my pool VERY stressful, second guessing everything, etc.
Reserve the very first swim for yourself and do the biggest cannonball you can!!

You've got a proper test kit, correct?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.