PLEASE help me....return issue (?)

nupoolsoon

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 7, 2008
The pb did the plumbing this past Friday and we feel there should be one more return. I have linked our photos and the ones that have titles, also have descriptions for what we are concerned about.

It is a grecian lazy-l and the whole one side of the pool has no returns on it. We are concerned that debris will get caught on the one sharp corner and we are only having solar heat so we don't know if the lack of one return would really affect the heating of the pool or not.

I spoke with our pb this morning and expressed our concern. He told me what we have is overkill as it is. Mainly I think because of the step-n-spa which has 2 returns, but again, it is in the shallow end and on the opposite wall. He told me he will have to speak with his father and would have to charge us if we want another return.

A friend of DH's at work says what we have will circulate the pool fine.

Can I hear from what others feel is the correct way to do this?? I don't want to necessarily "give in" to the pb and only have 3 returns in the whole pool (excluding the steps and step-n-spa) and then be cursing the rest of my life if debris is going to get caught up in the corner.

The pb wants to start backfilling tomorrow so I need answers today!! Of course, the electric has not been inspected so that may buy me one more day.

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t266 ... l%20Build/

Any and all comments and suggestions are appreciated...Thanks!!

Now is the time to deal with it if you want to change it.

I think you are fine the way you are. It only takes one return to get some water circulation going and a second to take care of the likely remaining dead spot. Everything beyond that is icing on the cake. There is no reason there should be a return on every wall of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.