Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: valve actuator cable length

1. Back To Top    #1

valve actuator cable length

Thinking of cleaning up my valve actuator cabling, do any installers ever shorten these cables and recrimp the plugs rather than leaving all of the extra cable rolled up? It would sure clean up the install.

Thanks,
    LB
    Sunny Sarasota Fl area
    10K Pool/SPA, Pentair equipment
    IntellifloXF
    Easytouch upgrade Panel
    Intelliclor IC-40
    Techno-Solis Solar Panels

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: valve actuator cable length

If you have the skills, I don't see anything wrong with it, however you might want to leave just a little extra in case of future plumbing changes, etc. The extra on mine is stuffed into my solar control box, there was plenty of free space in there, and it is fairly small cable.

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Installers usually never shorten the cables. They find an out of the way place to coil and wire tie them up. If you cut them you leave yourself open to possible problems down the road so why risk it.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Just pull it up in your automation box and roll/zip tie it up nice
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks everyone, I actually had to pull it out of the box because it was binding with the wiring of the new panel.

LB
    Sunny Sarasota Fl area
    10K Pool/SPA, Pentair equipment
    IntellifloXF
    Easytouch upgrade Panel
    Intelliclor IC-40
    Techno-Solis Solar Panels