Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Use of a liner pad

1. Back To Top    #1

Use of a liner pad

I am replacing my liner on my above ground pool, and considering the use of a liner pad, like a Gorilla pad. How difficult is it to get the liner to lay flat , without a bunch of wrinkles, when laying on top of a sand bottom. Is it doable, or should I just go with the liner right on the sand? Would love to hear from someone who has used the liner and either been successful getting it flat, or u successful.
    30k Gallon 18x36 Vinyl inground by Blue Haven Pool, TurboCell T-15 SWG, SmartPure ozonator,
    Hayward SmartFilter cartridge with 1.5hp dual spd. Hayward SmartMax Star Pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Central Ohio

Re: Use of a liner pad

It's pretty easy to get it to lie flat.When I received my gorilla pad I laid it flat on the ground for a couple hours then put in the pool adjusted it,trimmed it a little,added my foam cove and installed the liner.No wrinkles from using the gorilla pad.Pretty simple really.

Gorilla pad is for protection from rocks,roots etc. it protects the liner,it's not really for cushion or comfort.I thought i'd put that out there just in case.

Cozumel AGP 24' 14,700 gallons
    Pentair Dynamo 1.5 hp pump
    Sta-rite Cristol-Flo II 2.3sq.ft. sand filter
    SWCG,Uni-bead liner
    TF-100 Testkit....$68,cheap insurance for a trouble free pool season