Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thank God for TFP and big rain storms

1. Back To Top    #1

Thank God for TFP and big rain storms

Background - My wife and I bought a "new" house (circa 1966) with a 10-15 year old pool that had been on a constant puck diet. The CYA was north of 180, CH was well over 1000 and the rest was just jacked.

Fast forward a month (been considering a drain and fill - waiting for a weekend that wasnt precluded by a massive rainstorm). I've been keeping my eye on the chlorine and testing CYA after each rainstorm and what do you know: This morning I'm at a CYA of 45, PH 7.4, FC of 4, CH of 620 (still high but ...), TA of 120 and the pool is BEAUTIFUL.

Thanks guys.

Pictures to follow.
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Thank God for TFP and big rain storms

VERY nice work!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Isn't free, Calcium-free, water great?

You coulda really dropped that CH if you had routed a downspout into the pool. Then you get whatever hits that area of the roof. I use the spa as a settling tank for all the fine silt. Next time

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    Isn't free, Calcium-free, water great?

You coulda really dropped that CH if you had routed a downspout into the pool. Then you get whatever hits that area of the roof. I use the spa as a settling tank for all the fine silt. Next time

Totally wanted to do that ... but the gutters on the house were rotted so we ripped them down with the roof replacement. They are on the list when the budget allows.

My fun budget item for the weekend .... PE653RC - it solves the timer / 2 speed issues and gives me some growing room for automating valves.

again ... YOU GUYS ROCK!
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Good job!

6. Back To Top    #6

karmabiker:

That's a tremendous improvement in your pool's numbers in a month's time. Great job!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.