Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Time for a new swg

1. Back To Top    #1

Time for a new swg

I have a zodiac duoclear swg w/nature2. It's 8 yrs old and the housing is starting to leak, I have it set to max chlorinate and w/ optimum salt level of 4000 ppm and running pump 10-12 hrs per day my FC is only 1.5 w/ cya of 80. I clean the cell every season w/ muriatic acid, it's just getting old and time to replace.

I have a 20k fiberglass pool. Can anyone recommend a new one? My budget is $1000-1200.

Thanks
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Time for a new swg

The Hayward Aqua Rite is a good choice in that price range. CompuPool is well reviewed and less expensive. AutoPilot has additional features, but is more expensive.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Time for a new swg

I may be able to be a little more flexable with my budget. Which Autopilot model would you recommend? Seems like a few to choose from besides just the size ( gallons of water).
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner